This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure for more info.
Today I’m sharing America’s most-trusted ‘Sleep Doctor,’ Dr. Michael Breus sleep tips. One of the health and wellbeing issues that I’m asked most about is sleep. From how to fall asleep to how to feel more rested, it seems so many of us struggle with sleep. And really, it’s not surprising, is it? From financial worries and work-related stress to over-stimulation from smartphones and 24-7 TV, we all find it hard to relax and unwind. Myself included!
That’s why I jumped at the chance to review and road-test Mindvalley’s The Mastery of Sleep Programme featuring Michael Brues to find out if it could improve my sleep. And if it worked for me, maybe it could work for you! And, believe me when I say Dr Michael Breus Sleep Tips are the BEST!
The Mastery of Sleep with Dr. Michael Breus, Ph.D
Mindvalley is an online educational platform launched by entrepreneur Vishen Lakhiani, a former computer engineer from Silicon Valley. Stressed and was burnt out, he took up meditation which changed his life. He left his job in tech to study meditation, teach around the world, and to delve deeply into human development. As a result, Mindvalley was born. Their latest programme has been devised in collaboration with America’s most-trusted ‘Sleep Doctor,’ Dr. Michael Breus. Based on the latest research into sleep science, the Mindvalley programme helps you get better, deeper uninterrupted sleep in 28 days or less. Even if you’ve always struggled to fall asleep or you consider yourself to be a ‘light sleeper’, it is possible to reprogramme your mind and body to automatically and consistently get amazing, rejuvenating sleep every single night.
The ‘Sleep Doctor’ and The Mastery of Sleep
Dr. Michael Breus, dubbed the ‘Sleep Doctor’ by Dr. Oz, is a sleep expert and bestselling author of Good Night Doctors 4 Week Programme who specialises in sleep disorders. The Mastery of Sleep is unlike any other programme that I’ve come across. It’s a real-time 28-day journey which teaches you how you can systematically shift your mind, body, and environment so that you can:
- Fall asleep easily and naturally.
- Sleep through the night uninterrupted.
- And wake up feeling completely energized.
20 Minutes To Better Sleep
The beauty of this program is that it will only take 5-20 minutes a day for you to start seeing real results. But that’s not the only thing that makes The Mastery of Sleep unique. As part of your sleep transformation, you will be connected with other ‘sleep students’ following the programme through a private Facebook group so that you can share your progress and be inspired by others while being guided by a dedicated ‘Tribe Leader’ who will answer any questions you might have along the way.
So, if you’re really serious about fixing your sleep, and you want to hear more on Dr Michael Breus sleep tips then I would encourage you to click the link to learn more.The Mastery of Sleep: Turn Your Sleep Into A Catalyst For Superior Health, Energy & Cognitive Abilities
And the good news is that it doesn’t matter how bad your sleep pattern or insomnia is, according to Dr Brues, you can recover! Read on to learn more on Dr Michael Breus sleep tips!
This course is for you if you want the following:
- Learn how to sleep properly and how to have a full REM cycle.
- Learn how to fall asleep quickly
- Be less impulsive. Poor sleep can make us have less control and can even encourage addictive behaviours.
- Boost your immune system.
- Anti-aging benefits. A deep sleep helps our skin rebuild collagen and repair UV damage.
- Weight management. Poor sleep encourages bad eating habits and decreased willpower.
- Be able to function better and experience less fatigue.
- Better Mental Clarity Learn how to give your brain the rest it needs to perform at your best.
- Sharper Focus. Sleep improves brain fog and memory.
- Reduce your stress levels.
- You are looking for natural cures to help you sleep.
- More emotional balance.
You will also learn:
- How to identify your chronotype so you know your ideal bedtime.
- Discover how many hours of sleep you really need.
- How to reprogramme your mind and body to sleep through the night.
- How to wake up more energized.
This Mastery of Sleep 28 Day Quest has been designed to help you to fall asleep faster and to experience deeper sleep, ensuring that you wake up with more energy. We all need Michael Breus sleep tips!
Each day, you will receive a new video and topic. It’s well organised, easy to access and I really enjoyed the videos which are only 15-20 minutes long so you won’t feel overwhelmed. There is one subject per video which Dr Breus explores and explains. During the Sleep Quest, you will learn about your chronotype and what sleep habits go along with it, and how to get the most out of your sleep. You also learn how to reprogramme your body and mind, so that you sleep better and wake up more alert.
Related – My 7 Favourite Sleep Products
What Chronotype are you?
You also learn about your chronotype. According to Dr Breus, there are four different chronotypes that dictate our internal rhythm and body clock. (It turns out I’m a dolphin!)
- Dolphin: Light sleepers who often find their sleeping patterns changing all the time, they are the most likely to be suffering from insomnia.
- Lion: They normally wake up very early in the morning around 6 full of energy. Then they crash late afternoon.
- Bear: Bears follow the rise and fall of the sun, and are the most “traditional” when it comes to sleep. They always need their full 8 hours, and they like sleeping and waking at ‘normal hours’.
- Wolf: The wolf is the night owl who struggles to wake up early in the morning and tends to have the most energy late at night.
This gives you a real insight into what your character is and what sleep habits you have and how to develop a better sleep pattern.
Week 1 is all about understanding the benefits and science of sleep. This includes tips on what you should do before bed, as well as explaining how drugs can affect your sleep. You will also learn how sleep contributes to your health and affects your ‘physique’ goals as much as diet and exercise. A real eye-opener.
The second week focuses on your environment and what changes you can make in your bedroom to give you a more restful night’s sleep.
This week is focused on how coffee, food, exercise, and weight loss relates to sleep. You also learn how to ‘chill out’ before bed and relax fully so that you can fall asleep.
The last week is focused on napping, sharing your bed, sleep supplements, and sleep while traveling and how to create your own personalised sleep routine.
Related – My Top Ten Tips to Fall Asleep Naturally
My favourite sleep tips
I’ve picked up so many new sleep-boosting tips, but these are some of the most useful.
- Get plenty of natural sunlight in the morning to help your natural circadian rhythm. I live in an old, dark house and I have noticed that it does affect my mood! Getting lots of light first thing has not only improved my sleep but also my mood.
- Try a saline nasal spray! This is a genius tip. If you have ever lived with a snorer, it’s amazing how quickly you fall out of love with them in the wee small hours! Such a great tip which seems to work quickly too!
- The supplement section is invaluable as many of us are lacking in vitamins and minerals that can affect our sleep. I have upped my vitamin B6 and noticed a difference after a matter of days!
- Invest in blue light glasses. Blue light glasses help avoid headaches and eye strain, plus help eliminate the suppressing effect of light on melatonin production.
- Dr Breus’ ‘Nap a latte’ hack. It’s great to know that napping is officially good for us, and I love the fact with this hack, you don’t wake up groggy but good to go!
Can The Mastery Of Sleep Help You?
If you are really determined to improve your sleep, then this is the course for you!
While I was already familiar with some of the tips, I have learned plenty of brand new sleep hacks that have been invaluable! I also found that the way the information and tips are put together really helps you to prioritise your sleep and to build new ‘healthier’ sleep habits. Let’s face it. Sleep is so important to our health and wellbeing – and a good night’s sleep makes you feel like a new person!
Enroll today and you’ll also get unlimited VIP access to Dr. Breus’ wisdom as you will also get 4 LIVE group coaching calls.
Usually, Dr. Breus charges up to $7,000 per consultation.
When you enroll in Mastery of Sleep, you get them for FREE.
Get Michael Breus sleep tips and the Mastery of Sleep for a reduced price here.The Mastery of Sleep: Turn Your Sleep Into A Catalyst For Superior Health, Energy & Cognitive Abilities
Or Sign up for the free master class here;
|Natalie Shirlaw is passionate about healthy living and writes posts about wellbeing. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to pin it or share it!|