I don’t know about you, but these dark evenings are making me crave sweet things and desserts. I’m trying to be good as I know the festive season is fast approaching, and I don’t want be competing waistlines with Father Christmas!
I find if I have some healthy snacks prepared, I am a lot less likely to grab sugary ones. So I thought I’d share one of my favourite guilt free desserts with you. This Green Tea Chai Seed Pudding has loads of health benefits and very little sugar content – you could leave out the maple syrup completely, and just add more fruit to sweeten if you prefer.
Green Tea Chai Seed Pudding Benefits
Chai seeds may be small but they’re very powerful; they’re full of fibre, antioxidants, high in omegas, and are said to help with inflammation and blood sugar levels.
Match Green Tea Powder is believed to have cancer-fighting effects on the body, and helps reduce heart disease, type 2 diabetes and can even help with weight loss! Yes a pudding thats good for you!
- 1/4 cup Chai Seeds
- 11/2 cups almond or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Green Tea Match Powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spoonful of cacao nibs, goji berries, nuts or fruit for topping
- Add chia seeds and non-dairy milk to glass jar and stir to combine.
- Add matcha powder and a little hot water in a cup and stir until smooth.
- Add the matcha mixture, maple syrup and vanilla to the chia seed mixture and stir.
- Place it in the fridge and leave it overnight, or at least 2-3 hours.
- Top with fresh fruit, goji berries, nuts or cacao nibs.
- *Take it out the fridge a few times to stir to make sure the chai seeds are mixed properly
Remember it’s not December yet!