Looking to bring some positivity into 2022? Then why not start by introducing some positive affirmations for the new year? I use positive affirmations daily, especially when I’m trying to achieve something. And when I say the statement often enough I soon start to believe it. Words can be very powerful especially when they are written down, and as January is National Journal Writing month there is no better time than now to get started!
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive declarations made in the present tense (as if it has already been achieved) and that state a specific goal. For example, if you would like to become an author, your affirmation would be ‘I am a published author.’
The thinking behind affirmations is that the subconscious brain is ‘tricked’ into believing an event has already happened, and that this practice brings the thought into reality using the Law of Attraction.
Affirmations help boost our self-esteem, as well as motivating us to make positive changes to our lives. They can also help us to ‘let go’ of limiting beliefs that might be blocking us from achieving our goals. A positive way to rewire our brain, affirmations have also been shown to encourage the release of ‘feel-good’ endorphins, helping us to feel happier and to be more positive.
Intensify your Affirmations
As well as that, you can then take your affirmation up a gear by intensifying it. To do this, make it more ‘exciting’ by adding some gratitude. For example: ‘I am able to run 5k’ becomes ‘I am so grateful to have 2 amazing legs that help me run 5k.’
Create Your own affirmation using this process
- Choose something that excites you
- Create your affirmation in the present tense
- Be specific
- Optional extra to take things up a notch – add gratitude
Write down your affirmations in a journal
There are two real benefits to writing down your affirmations. Recording your affirmations makes them more ‘concrete’ and re-reading them imprints your goals on your subconscious. Studies have shown that people who write down their goals are more likely to achieve them. When I simply think about my goals, they are a lot ‘fuzzier’ and unclear than when I write them down. For me, the act of writing my goals down on paper gives them more clarity and direction. Journaling is also a wonderful way to focus in on your goals and make them feel more achievable too. It is also an effective way of tracking your progress. I was amazed when I looked back at my journal to see what I had achieved in 2020.
According to Psychology Today, journal writing, and affirmations go hand-in-hand. Journaling can give us the inspiration we need to make changes by helping us to reflect on new ways of doing and thinking about things. I try to write in my journal every day and although it is not an easy habit to get into, it gets easier with time and it really is worth it. And let me tell you no matter what dark place you’re in, you can create change; I’ve been there, and I’ve done it! By journaling and using affirmations, I have been able to feel more confident, more positive about my future, and to step into a new role without fear.
Positive Affirmations for the New Year
- I am grateful to be healthy.
- I make healthy eating choices that nourish and fuel my body.
- Money flows to me easily and quickly.
- I am in a healthy, loving relationship.
- In the same way that a river keeps flowing, challenging times shall pass.
- My relationship is strong, and we have endless love for each other.
- I am in control of my emotions and I choose happiness.
- I have amazing friends who support me and my choices.
- I let go of people who don’t contribute to my life in a positive way.
- I am powerful and I have the power to create change.
- I’m grateful to my body and I treat it with respect.
- I am motivated to achieve my goals.
- My past does not define me.
- I forgive myself and all who have hurt me in the past.
- I am at my perfect weight.
- I am a magnet for my desires.
- I let go of fear.
- I am willing to change.
- I am worthy.
- I accept and approve of myself unconditionally.
That’s all – think happy positive thoughts and see if you can make some changes by saying positive affirmations! Find my money affirmations here.
|Natalie Shirlaw is a healthy living expert with 10 years of experience in the field of holistic health, wellbeing, and fitness. If you enjoyed this article be sure to pin or share it!|